The Saturday for Educators Workshop Series is designed to enhance educators’ understanding of The Ringling’s collections and special exhibitions, and provide an opportunity for networking, collaboration, and inspiration. The Ringling offers Saturday for Educators throughout the school year.
- 3 hours of CEU credit are awarded upon completion
- The program includes a lecture, gallery experience & hands-on activity or lesson plan
- Integration with Common Core & Next Generation Sunshine State Standards
- 9:00am to 1:00pm: Check-in begins at 8:30 am
- The cost of the program is $5.00; Lunch is included, pre-registration is required
Icons of Style: Makers, Models, and Image ǀ NOVEMBER 2, 2013
With garments, drawings, and photographs from the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, Icons of Style celebrates the collaborative nature of the fashion industry. Learn how designers, models, illustrators, and photographers work together to define the styles that we recognize from magazine covers and red carpets around the globe. This workshop will examine the process of design in real-world applications and will address standards in visual art.
A Circus Celebration! ǀ JANUARY 18, 2014
Join The Ringling and Circus Sarasota’s Big Top Education for a day of circus fun and learning. We will be exploring the roles that art, music, and theater play in creating the magic of the circus, while hearing first-person accounts of how performers learn and perfect their craft. This workshop will address standards in language and performing arts.
The Amazing Architecture of The Ringling Ca'd'Zan ǀ MARCH 1, 2014
Come experience the Ca’d’Zan like you’ve never seen it before. Learn to think like an architect as you analyze the elements that went into the construction of this magnificent Italianate mansion. Make connections between structural design and aesthetic considerations in this workshop, which will address standards in math, science, and visual art.
Intent to Deceive: Fakes and Forgeries in the Art World ǀ MAY 24, 2014
Delve into the complex, intriguing world of art crime with this special exhibition. Intent to Deceive presents the work of notorious art forgers alongside authentic examples from such artists as Henri Matisse and Amedeo Modigliani. Hone your skills of observation and critical thinking as you attempt to understand these criminal masterminds and distinguish between real and fake. This workshop will address standards in science and visual art.
- Registration for each program will open approximately one month before its scheduled date.
- Complete the Saturday for Educators Registration Form.
- You must complete a registration form for each program that you plan to attend.
- To finalize your reservation call Advance Sales at 941-358-3180, Mon-Fri, 9:00am-4:00pm Please have your credit card information ready.
- For more information or if you have questions about Saturday for Educators, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 941-359-5700, ext. 3705.